Under minimal supervision, the Project Accountant carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum organization and accounting standards, was well as end-user requirements. This team member thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. This team member develops complex reconciliation of accounting transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment. The Project Accountant also documents and works to resolve testing issues and reports defects and resolution to project management.
- Participate and/or conduct meetings with different teams throughout the organization to develop a solid understanding of upcoming and ongoing projects and the associated impact to financial statements.
- Review software requirements as well as technical and functional specification documents in order to develop test scripts and assure that new project code works as designed.
- Create and execute test scripts and properly document results to communicate any issues found to software developers and business analysts.
- Set up account reconciliations and also baseline test environments for projects assigned.
- Coordinate testing efforts with the Accounting staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Conforms with all corporate policies and procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Understand software development processes and the importance of gathering and documenting requirements.
- Understand how to develop and execute a test script and document findings.
- Working knowledge of account reconciliations and understanding of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of automated financial systems.
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate Accounting transactions and ensure proper treatment of new project code.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as follow-up, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to transform business, technical, and functional requirements into test scripts.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience with financial reporting tools, database query tools and Excel.
Is your Candidate willing to relocate?
Do you have any relatives that currently work for GM Financial and/or AmeriCredit?*
Are you able to provide proof of your right to work in the country in line with your application for the position you have applied to?*
Are you currently or have you been within the last five years employed by Deloitte & Touche LLP or Ernst & Young LLP?* ?
Within the last five years, an immediate family member (spouse, domestic partner, parent, dependent, nondependent child or sibling) has been a member of the audit team for Deloitte & Touche LLP or Ernst & Young LLP that provides audit services for General Motors Company or General Motors Financial Company, Inc.* ?
Eligible for Hire Date ?
Desired Salary* ?