Accounting Manager – Revenue Accounting
The Revenue team is seeking an Accounting Manager that will report to the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting. This role is a leadership role specifically responsible for managing team-wide initiatives, process improvements, and supporting operational close. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in technical and/or operational accounting, the ability to work with large volumes of data, experience with complex Excel models/analysis, and well-versed on assessing accounting impacts to enterprise-wide system integrations/implementations. The ideal candidate would work well through ambiguity, thrive off of a changing environment, and possesses excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource and SME to business partners representing the Revenue accounting team.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting the financial area of responsibility to the appropriate team members and business partners.
- Suggest and implement solutions to improve efficiencies in work processes while also reducing risk.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of multiple systems.
- Deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure adequate controls and accurate financial results.
- Serve as a resource to support the monthly operations of the team to ensure that the team’s area of financial statement responsibility is in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations of technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Broad knowledge of accounting with strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop goals and the process by which to meet goals based on provided objectives.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required, and working knowledge of PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS. SAP and BPC experience a plus.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred. Masters preferred.
- Financial services or wireless industry accounting experience preferred.
- 7+ years relevant accounting experience or 5+ years of public accounting experience with a regional or Big Four accounting firm.
- Project management skills and experience preferred.