Stabilis Professional Services, Inc. (a recruiting division of Core Resource Group) is looking for an Assistant Finance Director for their client in Washington DC. This is a full time position.
Job Summary: Assists the Finance Director with daily financial operations including banking, accounting, financial reporting, and auditing functions. Handles day to day financial operations in the Finance Director’s absence.
- Assists the Finance Director with management of the daily financial operations. Manages the activities of the unit in the absence of the Finance Director.
- Supervises the preparation and recording of all check requests and supporting documents in the financial system, the communication of the recorded transactions to the Finance Department and the maintenance and storage of supporting files. Reviews all transactions for completeness and compliance with standard financial practices.
- Supervises the delivery of all cash and checks received to the bank and supervises the recording of the deposits and related documents in the financial system and the communication of the recorded transactions to the Finance Department; ensures proper maintenance of supporting files. Reviews documentation for all cash and checks received and monitors procedures for compliance with standard financial practices.
- Oversees the day-to-day financial operations including auditing daily cash receipts, account reconciliation, sales tax accounting and managing the merchandise inventory.
- Assists the Finance Director in the development of a budget, monitors spending versus budget for various departments, develops budget reporting templates for management, and drafts financial reports for the Finance Director.
Systems/Technical Knowledge: e.g., Ingenium, Life70, IDM, Microsoft Word, Excel.
Education: BS or BA in Business Administration with a major in Accounting.
Experience: 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in all aspects of accounting and financial reporting, including experience with a non-profit organization or equivalent combination of training and experience.