Working in conjunction with the Southern Region Director, the Business Development Manager will be a high energy, self-starting sales person. The Business Development Manager will have high interactions with multiple accounts and category managers involving strategic decisions on new items, Trade Management, Promotional Planning, and Plan-O-Gram positioning. Understanding the role of the competitive environment, maintaining awareness of competitive conditions, and reporting them promptly to management is also required.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Professional Skills: This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business software to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Experience utilizing Nielsen or IRI syndicated data; analytics a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to analyze and evaluate several sources of data to develop actionable insights. Role Specific Competencies: Excellent selling and negotiations skills.
- Building brand equity and increasing the sales volume
- Achieve assigned sales quotas. Develop and achieve new item distribution, merchandising and promotional objectives
- Work with category managers on best placement of brands in each retail outlet
- Manage and invest the assigned special events budget in accordance with company policy
- Maintain accuracy and checks on special event spending, redemptions, and evaluating spending, changes needed on monthly basis
- Create, manage and update custom reports as needed
- Authorize and manage damages, return goods and assist in deduction management in accordance with company policy
- Provide administrative support as directed
- To comply with all company policies, instructions, and directions for the fulfillment of company objectives and to maximize profits from sales
- To be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices; keeping management informed concerning them
- To prepare bi-monthly sales reports and expense reports as required
- To prepare and submit any special reports, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions, as may be requested by management
Special Requirements: Position is based in Charlotte, NC. Monthly overnight travel is estimated at 25-30%. Must attend all training functions, Region and National Sales Meetings