Position Summary: The Business Development Consultant is responsible for working closely with customers to determine the optimal product solutions to meet the customer’s needs. This will include finding and developing potential customers as well as introducing new products to existing customers.
· Contacts new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
· Answers customers' questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
· Quotes prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
· Emphasizes product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
· Negotiates prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
· Maintains customer records, using automated systems.
· Identifies prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
· Prepares sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
· Selects the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers' needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
· Collaborates with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
· Works with sales management team to ensure process is efficient
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
Extensive / Considerable knowledge of:
· Principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services including: marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
· Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including: customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Knowledge of the Financial Advisory or Investment industry a plus
· Experience using Salesforce
· Persuade others to change their minds or behavior
· Actively listen to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Negotiate with others to reconcile differences to come to some consensus
· Actively look for ways to help people
· Work independently as well as in a team environment
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Minimum Educational Level Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, or a related field, or additional commensurate experience
· Minimum Experience Level Required: 1 year of sales experience