|Performs purchasing activities requiring the exercise of judgment and discretion with respect to purchasing items, materials or service of a technical and specialized nature including preparing orders, analyzing quotations and expediting deliveries. Keeps side-by-side documentation of market and product developments. May locate new sources of supply. Conducts routine purchase negotiations with suppliers to establish agreements and conditions governing purchases. Resolves any problems in suppliers' subsequent performance. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate MRO purchasing with plant personnel and manufacturers (includes quoting, ordering and tracking of MRO items).
- Enforce Corporate Purchasing guidelines by ensuring proper authorization and documentation is obtained.
- Manage all consignment vendors/inventory.
- Coordinate and obtain cost savings.
- Create and maintain purchase orders for MRO.
- Maintain documentation including vendor quotes, RFQ’s, Certificates.
- Provide input to the corporate approved supplier list.
- Supervise and track daily supplies spend to budget.
- Monitor orders for stockroom, requisitions and consignment usage.
- Identify and implement the optimal inventory level for all MRO part numbers.
- Eliminate and avoid an obsolete MRO inventory.
- Ensure necessary production tooling is on site at all times to avoid downtime.
- Negotiate long-term supply agreements with MRO suppliers targeting annual cost savings initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field.
- 3 – 4 years of general experience in this field in combination with education requirements listed above.
- Good problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Good analytical skills and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications.