COMMERCIAL LINES BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REGIONAL MANAGER
My client is looking for an energetic, proactive, and committed Business Development Regional Manager to join our Commercial Lines team. This position reports to the SVP of Commercial Lines and is primarily responsible for generating qualified quote submissions and growing written premium through agents in their region.
This opportunity is perfect for someone with previous account management experience within the Commercial Property Insurance industry. The successful candidate will have a true road warrior mentality along with excellent communication skills and a strategic mindset. More importantly, the right fit for this role is a person that will ensure their area of responsibility meets and exceeds the expectations of our business objectives and contributes to the company's success in the long run.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initially assesses all agents and quantify opportunity and meets with key large agents.
- Generates Qualified Submissions.
- Meets or exceeds key performance indicators (In order of priority: Quote submissions, WP, QTB, retention).
- Ultimate responsibility for existing agent base in region. Develops proactive agent management strategy for region.
- Identifies and develops new agents.
- Works with VP on larger/high value agents – divide and conquer to get necessary objectives completed.
- Proactively monitors, understands, and corrects KPI outliers with agents.
- Provides account management support with new and existing agents.
- Provides setup and training for new agents.
- Performs general marketing support and research.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Mentors and develops additional Business Development team members with product knowledge and sales coaching on small commercial business.
- Minimum of 2 years Commercial Property Insurance industry experience.
- Previous account management experience.
- 40-50% Travel – road warrior experience and mentality.
- Ability to work remotely and multi-task. When working from home, have a secure, quiet location.
- Comfort with and motivated by variable compensation.
- Passion to remove obstacles and get any job done.
- Possess a professional demeanor in a fast-paced production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct business in a professional and ethical manner.
- Must be able to handle pressure and adversity.
- Must be results-oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Commercial Lines underwriting/process.
- Retail agent, carrier experience, or both.
- Strong relationship building skills to any level of the organization, from CSR to Executive.
- Operational knowledge of underwriting and processing functions in insurance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance products and concepts along with advanced knowledge of underwriting practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain quality relationships with agents, co-workers and management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Negotiation and Persuasion Skills.
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.