Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: The Director of Sales is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of the organization's sales, marketing, and advertising initiatives. The incumbent generates revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
This role includes responsibility for sales management, new business development, product development, distribution channel management and customer service. Ensures the organization's message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives. With the President & CEO, the goal is to increase sales annually for the full suite of our products and services on a
global basis. Principal Responsibilities:
- Discover data-driven insights that drive revenue growth.
- Provide clear, meaningful insights into the market and enhance the learner decision journey.
- Design successful strategies and processes to carry out the organizational vision in a multichannel marketing environment.
- In conjunction with other members of the Leadership Team, work to be the organizational “glue” to deliver change strategies.
- Forge strong working relationships, build bridges across functions, and be transparent, in an effort to help other leaders succeed.
- Identify new business prospects, opportunities, and develop strategies to increase sales.
- Provide sales forecasting and regular account/sales updates.
- Coach and train the sales and marketing staff on a regular and consistent basis.
- Implement and utilize effective sales processes and marketing best practices.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and major group customers; evaluate appropriate level of involvement with client, including staff, voluntary leadership, and other representatives capable of furthering relationships with client.
- Evaluate customer-training needs and recommend appropriate education.
- Communicate benefits/details of organization’s courses, programs, delivery and pricing; make face-to- face presentations, as needed, and provide ongoing support to key customers.
- Respond to clients RFPs (request for proposals) and prepare formal proposals to potential clients and complete the sale.
- Oversee the delivery and scheduling of classes, working with staff to provide ongoing support of customer programs; including quality instruction.
- Request specific instructors upon client’s request.
- Evaluate staff, and staffing needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provide professional assistance to sales team on consultative sales strategies
- Assist other staff with special projects and assignments, as needed.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system and digital marketing solutions
- Experience in sales, marketing, and educational services
- A bachelor’s degree is required and advance study in education, business, and/or marketing is preferred
- Supervisory experience Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Ability to manage proactively
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language, with or without the use of auxiliary aids or services
- Effective telephone conversation skills and manners
- Ability to convey and receive specific information
- Detail and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines