The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results are accurately presented to leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting. Accountant, Fixed Assets This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will also interact with Finance/Business partners across the Organization. The successful candidate for this role will also support the project lifecycle including analyzing costs for proper classification and project code maintenance. The ideal candidate will possess analytical and problem solving skills willing to work towards improving internal controls and processes.
· Review various engineering technology project costs, determine reclass journal entries as necessary, and settle costs to final assets
· Prepare allocation for capitalized labor entries
· Meet all monthly close deadlines
· Prepare necessary SOX control documentation for review and approval by control owner
· Monitor in-service date validation for capital projects
· Analyze and explain monthly variances in assigned general ledger accounts
· Proactively identify issues and process improvement opportunities; work with appropriate team members and partners in resolving or implementing them
· Assist team members and work on ad-hoc projects/requests as needed
· Prepare assigned PBC’s
· Perform SOX control testing
· Provide necessary support for timely completion of financial audits.
· Communicate and resolve open issues with finance teams
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience with a large company preferred
· Strong foundation in accounting theory.
· Work experience in accounting and reporting systems such as SAP, SAP BPC or Blackline, a plus.
· Strong organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing workload.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Positive work attitude combined with an eagerness to learn.
· Attention to detail while understanding the big picture.
· Proficient in Excel.