POSITION: Foodservice Regional Business Manager
REPORTS TO: Foodservice Sales Manager
This supports the steady growth of the Company’s Foodservice business to ensure the maximization of volume and profit for the Company. The Foodservice Sales Regional Business Manager will work closely with others to identify, pursue, and grow emerging Food Service distribution opportunities. Strong relationship-building skills are imperative for this position. This person should bring an understanding of the different Foodservice distribution segments, and the unique market dynamics and decision-making criteria of each of those segments.
The goal of this position is to pursue Foodservice business opportunities—opportunities that have been agreed upon collaboratively with other personnel.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities and accounts with a “Hunter” attitude.
- Increase overall sales, profitability and product penetration with targeted segments.
- Facilitate projects by aligning internal resources and providing effective direction for commercialization and product development.
- Utilize insights and market intelligence to help identify new selling opportunities.
- Collaborate with Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Operations, Order/Entry, Business Analysis, Research & Development and Information Systems.
- Collaborate with prospects and customers to develop growth strategies for mutual wins.
- Stay apprised of changes with chain operators, relevant industry news, product trends and associated commodity and key cost drivers impacting our products.
- Analyze customer menus to identify value added selling opportunities/areas of concern.
- Work with regional and national accounts to assist them in category management through gap analysis and portfolio development.
- Create and execute the business plan through the annual business cycle. Work to maximize the business plan sales and profit within brand strategies and guidelines.
- Conduct market analysis to determine customer needs, quantify opportunity, and propose financials for sales accounts.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong multi-level customer relationships (Procurement, Product Development and Marketing) and while ensuring proper and timely communication of vital information and service.
- Deliver sales presentations to prospects and key customers.
- Provide product training, innovative product applications and solutions for prospects and customers through your culinary and baking experience.
- Develop new business with scaled operators and regional chains in accordance with our strategies.
- Achieve volume targets on new business. Regularly update and communicate progress to management.
- Leads the execution of all customer agreements/programs through strong teamwork and communication with customers and distributors.
- Travels to different area locations to set up product presentations, bake off product, set-up promotional shows, seminars, or to resolve customer questions or problems.
- Reviews sales statistics with management to determine customer needs and help to develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of Company.
- Represents Company at trade association meetings, or other functions to promote the sale of product.
- Completes and updates all applicable sales forms and customer reports, CRM to ensure a complete and timely flow of sales information as needed.
- Responsible for the effective and profitable allocation of all merchandising and promotional funds within a market.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, a related field or equivalent business experience required
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years progressive sales experience, to include account management.
- A proven track record of new account development.
- Must have a strong base in development and maintenance of customer relations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prepare and articulate customized sales presentations with strong value proposition to key chain customers.
- The ability to communicate and interact with senior level customers.
- Must be capable of effectively interpreting and using multiple information sources to develop strategy and tactics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and applications. (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must have experience with trade management systems; proven fiscal responsibility
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Local and National travel up to 60% of the time.