The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (CCBDD) is seeking a full-time to plan, organize and direct all business activities of the CCBDD, which include the functions of the Accounting, Financial Management, Purchasing and Budgeting areas. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement processes and procedures throughout the CCBDD for all financial and business activities. Includes, but is not limited to accounts receivable, billing activities/oversight, and accounts payable. Ensure that all financial reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist Superintendent, CAO and department managers in development and management of CCBDD's Annual Plan. Monitor status of agency revenues and expenditures pursuant to Annual Plan.
- Prepare reports for Superintendent, CAO and Board members to keep them apprised of current financial conditions and operations. Recommend budget revisions, if necessary. Develop and maintain future financial forecasts.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with Cuyahoga County Fiscal Office and OBM. Ensure that information is shared between the agencies as needed.
- Direct, assist and train agency managers/administrators in developing short term and long term budget objectives, and expenditure plans. Review current information with Department leadership on a regular basis.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate department staff in conduct of their duties.
- Direct and assist key subordinates in preparation of new or revised procedures for purchasing, accounting and budget areas.
- Direct the preparation of CCBDD financial plans by all managers/administrators and coordinate all CCBDD contract activities.
- Attend Board meetings and report financial status to Board as needed.
- Review and authorize all vouchers for payment.
- Perform Waiver administration oversight activities to ensure budgetary compliance with Waiver rules, policies and procedures. Document activities in a manner consistent with DODD requirements.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Occasional travel is required to agency facilities and to meetings throughout Ohio.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES to include, but not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of business planning and budgeting processes; general business management, organization and supervision; accounting and data processing practices.
- Knowledge of organization and procedures in County Executive’s Office, Office of Budget and Management, and County Fiscal Office.
- Knowledge of State Rules and Regulations for financial reporting, auditing and reimbursement of County Boards of Developmental Disabilities.
- The ability to provide effective leadership to the Finance & Business Department; supervise, direct, counsel and evaluate key subordinates.
- The ability to develop specific operating plans and budgets required to achieve agency objectives.
- The ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and to write comprehensive and concise reports.
- Master's Degree in Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration or related area.
- CPA Certificate preferred.
- Five to ten years of administrative and supervisory experience in planning, administration or business management.
- Three to five years of experience in planning for a human service agency business organization, not-for-profit professional organization, or public educational organization.
- Valid state of Ohio driver's license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.
OUTSTANDING GOVERNMENT BENEFIT PACKAGE: Participation in the Ohio PERS retirement system, paid vacation, sick, and personal days, dozen paid holidays, flexible work schedule, and so much more.