National Sales Executive
As a National Sales Executive, you will be accountable for selling and closing business for the Events division and for the overall success of the event ensuring that the client's needs are met/exceeded within the financial objectives of achieving assigned sales goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieve sales goals revenues and gross margin;
- Implement the sales process prospecting/lead development, conducting client needs assessment; developing proposal and design components; conducting client presentation; determining actual costing final contract price and P & L/budget; and obtaining approval from Financial Analyst and DOS
- Implement sales activities maintain prospects and accounts through a CRM database; prospecting and responding to leads for potential business; managing and maintaining client relationships; expanding/developing sales opportunities with existing accounts to gain greater business opportunity and renew/book repeat business.
- Maximize revenues for each sold event develop revenue targets with Vice President, Events (DOS) and Director of Production Management to implement action plans to achieve revenue targets of the sold event.
- Work with the Vice President, Events (DOS) and Director of Production Management to ensure accurate costing for the most optimum job pricing; develop a budget/ P & L and manage the budget during the production process to ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Develop multi-show management relationships; identify key decision makers; understand/identify potential business base; establish a business relationship; develop and close business.
- Participate in applicable industry events; gain speaker and committee involvement
- Work with design team to develop appropriate designs and renderings to support the sales process and production process.
- Lead appropriate sales meetings either one-on-one or departmental. Be prepared to discuss status of accounts, industry/market developments, competitive review, and current job status
- Manage the integration and guideance of the account manager in the account management process once a job is at a point of closing to transfer information for proper logistical implementation.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations, to ensure proper staffing and production of trade shows. Participate in appropriate pre-production, production and post-production meetings. Review work orders, supplements and order forms to ensure the event/job is being accurately produced. Participate at event/job installation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree Business, Marketing or Communications from an accredited university or four (4) years additional sales experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7)+ years of experience in a sales or account management role preferably in the events industry.
- Candidate must possess the ability to write letters, marketing literature, and sales proposals
- Ability to work in a high pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and general office equipment.
- Ability to pay high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills (both orally and written).
- Knowledge of problem solving strategies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.