NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
General Job Function
The National Sales Manager (NSM) reports to the Vice President and is responsible for executing the sales strategy of the business, communicating market information on trends or important issues affecting company business. The NSM has budgetary responsibilities for the Sales organization.
Responsible for managing the direct sales force and sales agents representing the company’s products in the Americas. The NSM is responsible for managing pricing, new customer approvals, sampling of existing and new products to customers and new product introductions. Requires extensive travel within the U.S. and occasional trips to Europe and Asia when required to visit export customers, visit company sites with critical customers, or attend overseas meetings.
Work with the Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Technical Service groups to establish the necessary relationships to insure that sales objective are met (volume and maximum value). Build long term relationships with customers by participating in yearly supply negotiations and intervene to help with any major issues that may affect our business negatively. Must understand value and pricing Must understand value pricing
1. Directly supervise activities of Sales team, regional sales, and technical personnel
2. Coordinate sales, marketing, and technical groups to work with key customers.
3. Work closely with Business Directors to achieve common goals with all direct reports.
4. Work with Business Directors and Product Managers to lead all major negotiations with customers to establish supply contracts, pricing agreements, consignment agreements, rebates, returns, credits/debits, product introductions.
5. Budget and control all expenses related to sales activities.
6. Forecast sales volumes and prices by account for the upcoming period and realize.
7. Establish all necessary relationships to accomplish company sales goals including participation in appropriate industry associations.
8. Provide day-to-day information about sales directions, new applications being developed by processors, competitive activities, product requirements, and other customer requirements.
9. Help coordinate internal resources to achieve maximum customer effectiveness.
10. Resolve supply or quality conflicts by setting the appropriate customer priorities.
11. Provides strategic sales information to management
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college. Technical degree preferred, but strong marketing background will be considered.
2. Minimum 10 years of chemical-related industrial experience, polymers preferred.
3. Experience in managing regional sales personnel.
4. Excellent selling & negotiating skills and business acumen.
5. Ability to work internally across Japanese-American cultural lines.
US based candidates only.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.