StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
Our client is aggressively recruiting for a Regional Business Development Director.
The Business Development Director is responsible for generating new business revenue from target customers within their geographic area. The primary focus of the Texas Regional Director is on developing and securing major opportunities for the San Antonio and Reynosa, Mexico manufacturing sites.
It is expected that the Business Development Director will develop strong personal relationships with all key customers under his/her remit and assist the operations teams in ensuring a smooth introduction of new accounts. They will also be expected to ensure that all key commercial terms are agreed with any new customer prior to the start of volume production.
The sales activity is focused on promoting the Texas and Mexico facilities
This position is looking for someone who is knowledgable about global, vertically integrated EMS capabilities that include:
What is the job?
- PCB Assembly
- Electromechanical Assembly
- Cable and Harness Assembly
- After Market Services
- Plastics (Injection Molded or Thermoformed)
- Design services
- International Purchasing
The Regional Business Development Director - Texas’s prime objective is to achieve agreed revenue targets on a regular basis. This requires both creativity and a natural flair for sales. In order to succeed, the successful candidate will have to undertake a range of different activities including :
- Establish and develop long-term business relationships
- Identify and secure new business opportunities
- Provide sales leadership to the wider team within Texas/Mexico
- Extract key information from clients and prospects that will increase winning and retaining profitable business
- Develop business intelligence on “market pricing” and share this with the quote teams to ensure competitive price offerings that maximize company margins.
- Generate creative solutions for clients that help them to save costs and/or improve service to the end customer
- Negotiate key contract terms to minimize the companies risk due to customer-related issues
Although some of their work is office-based, the Business Development Director’s role will require significant travel. The Business Development Director’s role is “hands on” and so the candidate must be able to generate their own leads and have the knowledge of EMS that allows them to close a sale with minimum support.
- Meeting with key clients and prospects at their facilities or escorting them on visits to company locations
- Gathering market information from suppliers and/or partners
- Attending relevant events to network with clients or pursue prospects.
- Strong moral and ethical standards – allowing them to build strong, long-lasting business relationships with their customers
- A desire to work as a valued member of a closely-knit, multi-national team
- A passion to provide maximum value to customers
- Ability and desire to sell based on customer needs
- Ability to think creatively and generate original ideas
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- An understanding of current market pricing f and the ability to negotiate pricing with customers that maximizes the margins
- Knowledge of the EMS market and the challenges faced by customers
- An overall understanding of EMS operations – to the extent that they can identify commercial risks and know how to negotiate their removal by the implementation of practical operational processes.
- The confidence and tenacity to pursue leads, overcome obstacles and secure deals - with the ability to handle rejection
- Business acumen, and the ability to make accurate forecasts of revenue
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Determination, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills
- A good working understanding of Microsoft Office
Other Training, Experience and qualifications
Formal qualifications are not essential but a relevant degree-level qualification would be an advantage. A highly successful track record in EMS is a pre-requisite for this role and experience in other roles within the EMS industry would be an advantage. In any event, candidates must be able to demonstrate at least 5 years experience in working within an EMS organization (some experience in a closely related business may also be considered) – with significant exposure to working with customers that are sourcing products in USA, Mexico and/or Asia.