The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will be responsible for identifying and building new business. The RSD will represent, present and demonstrate Spok's software applications to new prospects, consultants and business partners at all levels of the organization.
Please view: Spok: Behind the Scenes
- Research prospective organizations to identify the right customer stakeholders to sell to.
- Develop and maintain consultative sales relationships with all key buying influences in each account, including multiple levels within the customer's organization. Maintain complete knowledge of each prospect's business including current and long-term strategic initiatives.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to inform customers about the industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, which link back to Spok's solutions. Coach customer stakeholders and build consensus for Spok's solutions within their organization.
- Design and implement sales strategies to ensure the company meets its revenue objectives by growing new business. Independently and collaboratively strategize to solve deal-level challenges.
- Regularly update CRM system with the latest customer information, and use customer intelligence for account planning purposes. Maintain accurate forecast. Respond to and lead RFP/RFI’s and price systems and configurations.
- Demonstrate the entire company product line and attend company tradeshows when necessary.
- Educate and coach business partners, and assist in their prospecting, qualification, proposals, presentations, and closing opportunities.
- Achieve Annual Booking Targets according to pre-determined plans and expectations.
- Establish relationships with Alliance Partners, Consultants and Marketing to help influence opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors's Degree
- 5+ years of direct sales of software/IT solutions to healthcare or other healthcare related organizations
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding sales performance metrics (quotas, pipeline management, forecast accuracy, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers
- Proven history of large, multi-product, enterprise sales that are high in dollar value
- Highly developed professional network with in the healthcare industry; CEO, CMO, CNO, CFO, CIO and other healthcare executives
- Demonstrated understanding of workflow redesign involving technology/software solutions; clinical workflows in healthcare organizations; healthcare procurement prodcedures and sales cycles
- Committed to sales methodology such as Helping Clients Succeed, Solution Selling, The Complex Sale, etc.
- Proficient in use of internal systems for accuracy in forecasting (CRM, Salesfoce, Quoting tools, etc.)
- Knowledge of PBX, CTI, VoIP products, LAN/WAN environments, messaging and paging, speech recognition, emergency notification and call center applications
This is a home based position and must be located in the assigned territory.
This role requires up to 50% domestic travel.
Excellent compensation and benefits package, including competitive base salary, commissions and incentives, travel expense reimbursement, retirement plan, and multiple health insurance coverage options.