Sales Director will drive sales and provide leadership to their assigned work teams and locations. Provide technical support for department and team as it relates to products sales and projects. They lead and direct their team members to optimize our company’s operational and financial objectives within the framework of our Operational Excellence System (OES). Directors create an organized and respectful work place, and will resolve employee or work flow issues through open and honest communication with team members.
Duties & Responsibilities – Sales
- Oversee key customer management and market expansion.
- Direct new product development and application activities.
- Oversee all sales and activities across North America.
- Business development within the North America region.
- Coordinate projects with Engineering.
- Drive cross-training within business unit.
- Communicate and implement US and international business unit strategic objectives.
- Manage region administrative issues including JDE implementation.
- Regional forecasting and sales development.
- Secures company resources that enable teams to achieve team and company objectives. Provide coaching, training and development opportunities to team members.
- Oversee outside sales, inside sales, and customer service teams.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by CEO within the physical constraints of the position.
- A minimum of 7 years of leading a sales team with experience in Metal Fabrication or Industrial products
- This will lead to a VP role in a few years.
- Five to ten years management or sales management experience.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree is a plus.
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse work group.
- Computer skills and proficient in excel, word and outlook.
- Have a professional, positive, and responsible attitude.
- Possesses above average verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Have successfully performed duties in their current role.
- Demonstrated leadership that is consistent with the principles of OES.
- Demonstrated initiative on projects.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
- Proven skills as a Supervisor of people that leads with integrity and honesty.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- A strong business acumen.
- Skilled at gathering factual information and using it to determine the root cause of problems.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have a thorough understanding of the product and services offered by company.