We are looking for a Senior Auditor who has a strong area of focus on commercial lending and credit risk management. Knowledge of commercial real estate and , commercial & industrial , and residential mortgage lending practices is preferred. The Senior Auditor will have a focus on audits related to loan origination, loan administration, underwriting, and credit risk management, and loan servicing. An individual who has a strong background in credit administration, credit risk management, and/or credit review that is willing to transition into an internal audit role would also be considered.
The Senior Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan under the supervision of an Audit Manager or Director. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed for management review. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, compliance, IT or operational processes. The Senior Auditor learns is expected to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve efficiencies. Additionally, the Senior Auditor may also assist Internal Audit management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Senior Auditor may often direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A list of roles and responsibilities for a Senior Auditor are included below. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
• Supervises, plans, and performs operational and financial audits under the supervision of managers and/or directors.
• Creates audit planning memos in conformance Internal Audit Department procedures.
• Documents business processes within process narratives or flowcharts, identifying risks and mitigating controls.
• Develops risk and control matrices and test plans for key controls.
• Identifies control gaps and test the design of existing controls.
• Reviews and tests records of Bank and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, plans, and communications as well as safe and sound banking practices.
• Formulates clear and concise conclusions on internal controls and business process and efficiencies.
• Prepares audit reports detailing findings and recommendations and review findings and recommendations with appropriate management personnel through exit conferences.
• Participates in audit exit meetings and prepares presentations.
• Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of organized, accurate, complete and competent work papers conforming to Internal Audit Department requirements, ensuring the documentation clearly supports the conclusion regarding each objective.
• Participates in audit engagement and bank-wide risk identification sessions.
• Performs interim and year-end audit testing procedures over FDICIA/SOX key controls.
• Keeps Audit Managers and Group Managers informed of emerging issues and audits in progress. Supervises audits, Manages time and works so that time is efficiently used, so that deadlines are met and department standards are maintained.
• Prioritizes and delegates tasks as appropriate to Audit Associates while supervising their performance and coordinating resources.
• Provides guidance and training to staff auditors.
• Maintains positive team relationship by demonstrating and supporting initiative, willingness to learn, flexibility, respect, cooperation and commitment to the success of the internal audit process.
• Keeps abreast of regulations, industry, and information technology changes.
• Supports external auditors as assigned.
• Ensures adherence to professional audit standards.
• Conducts audit special projects, as necessary.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May Ddirectly supervises Audit Associates
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, IS/IT, or related field.
• 3+-6 years of related bank auditing experience or 5+ years of relevant lending and credit risk experience.
• In process of obtaining A CIA, CPA, or CISA or other relevant audit or risk certification is preferred..
• Experience in creating process documentation and , developing/executing audit procedures is preferred, and performing audits.
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint; ACL and TeamMate & MS Access a plus.