As a Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be primarily involved with illuminating business performance implied by financial/quantitative metrics and ad-hoc data analyses and helping establish new, actionable, operating metrics, budgets, forecasts, reports and KPIs. These core objectives will be met by executing various financial/data analyses and reporting activities in throughout Canada under the direction of the VP, Finance.
- Facilitate the annual P&L budgeting process and subsequent monthly/quarterly forecasts across the region.
- Performance management through monthly variance analysis of budgeted, forecasted and actual financial performance, clearly interpreting and documenting variance drivers
- Author management reports summarizing P&L performance and variance analysis results
- Assist in identifying and implementing financial and operationally relevant Key Performance Indicators and dashboards across area of responsibility
- Work in concert with Sales and Operations leadership in obtaining data that informs the revenue forecast at the branch level
- Proactively work with the VPF to develop the supported market leaders’ proficiency in interpreting and acting on financial/quantitative metrics to improve organizational performance; assist in developing and measuring action plans
- Support AVP of Operations to interpret financial results and develop reporting for Senior Leadership Team
- Execute ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting requests in support of the business
- Maintain a working knowledge of current principles and methodologies in financial reporting; profit planning, cost accounting and profitability analysis best-practices as they apply to service organizations.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field; an MBA is desirable
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in French is a plus
- Strong data analysis skills; financial/business modeling experience a plus
- Flexibility to travel internationally (Canada) as necessary (approximately 30%).